Game day dress

So I noticed that Pittsburgh is considered one of the worst dressed cities in the US.  I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it's because all people ever wear are pirates and steelers garb.  There's nothing wrong with supporting your home team, don't get me wrong.  But these t-shirts, blah.  Not helping. This is probably ponying on top of this newfound craze of game day dresses, but I also made a game day dress.  There's this wonderful place in the strip district that sells Pittsburgh sports gear for $7 a shirt.  So I found this 3XL shirt and paid $7 for it. So that I could, um, cut it up.

This one is by far one of the fastest I've ever made (thanks to a new sewing machine!).  Instructions are simple:
1) Hack off the sleeves, right above the seam in which they were sewn.
2) Cut the neckline in a v in the front
3) Measure the distance from your arms, and give yourself and inch or two more
4) Sew up the hole (where the huge sleeves used to be) to make fitted sleeves
5) Cinch it with a belt!

Hopefully next time I will actually do picture instructions. I'm still getting the hang of this...

The before and after:
I also got to go to a Pirates game the next day and got lots of compliments on the look :)
Stylish, and still supporting the team!



Comments

Popular Posts