DIY Fairy Tutu



Bay to Breakers is coming up and our group decided on being unicorns- and you can't do unicorns without a tutu. I don't own one, but I also wanted a light airy one (instead of a rave-y) one, so I figured this would be a good opportunity for me to have arts and crafts time.  I bought two 6x24 spools of matte tulle, 2 spools of light blue matte tulle, and I accidentally bought 2 spoils of confetti netting.  With each spool costing $2.99, it's still cheaper than buying a tutu, and I get my own custom colors :) It turns out confetti netting is quite stiff and isn't really the right material. I ended up only using a little for sparkle, and it definitely adds an interesting texture to the tutu.


First, tie an elastic band around your waist and tie the ends together. Then, I cut a 30 inch strip of tulle and loop it around the elastic.


To create a fairy unicorn look, I alternated white, blue, and the pink tulle.


The final tutu!

 

Comments

Popular Posts