DIY Patterned Dress


It's been awhile since I've posted, but I finally had some free time and what better way to fill it than making myself a new dress! The Pittsburgh Center for Creative Reuse had this amazing sale- $5 for all you can fill shopping bags of fabric.  This required sifting through a ton of fabric, random squares, and odd pieces, but there were definitely some gems- including this vibrant patterned fabric that I used for this dress.  I also only used about half the fabric for this dress, so I would guess that it cost ~20 cents for the dress!  

Because the fabric was so bold and dynamic, I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with it, so I kind of made it up as I went.  I was afraid of it seeming too tropical or Hawaiian.   As a result, I didn't take any step by step pictures, but I attempted to sketch what I did :)



Comments

Popular Posts