iPhone dress


So this post is about a month late, but worth the mention.  I had three different halloween parties this year, and I didn't want to re-wear a costume.  My roommate, who works for Google, was going as an green Android (Google's mascot) and suggested I got as something Apple related.  Awhile back a friend and I were talking about this game boy dress and said how it would be cool to make the iphone equivalent dress.  So I figured that this was the perfect opportunity. I also decided this two hours before the party, which was just poor planning on my part.  I scrapped up two old t-shirts; one was an x-large white chevrolet shirt and the other was a gray adobe shirt.  I cut off the sleeves of the white chevrolet shirt and made it into a tube dress.  I then cut out a grey rectangle from the adobe shirt to make the screen.  Using the leftover material from the sleeves, I cut out a circle and the square and top stitched it to make the home button.  I considered making actual app icons, but considering my last minute decision to throw this thing together, I opted not to.  I had some random felt scraps sitting around which I used to make the apple logo instead.  I kind of freehand cut the apple logo, so it's not exactly symmetric.  Note to self: in the future, print the logo out on paper and then trace it.  The sewing job was pretty crappy since I did it at the last minute, but the costume was a hit!

Comments

Popular Posts