DIY IKEA hack- earring holder

My earrings are always a mess, and recently I've been obsessed with Ikea Hackers.  So, I decided to build myself a custom earring holder, and thanks to the Ikea RIBBA, it only cost $3 :)  The good part about the RIBBA is that it stands up by itself, so you can remove the glass and the backing.  I bought plastic canvas from Michaels for 99 cents.  I've seen other versions where you use lace or fabric, but I like the plastic canvas because it's heavier, so it's better for heavier earrings.  Also, you can hang both your studs and hanging earrings.

Step 1: Remove the frame and gather supplies :)




Step 2: Cut the plastic canvas to the size of the frame, insert it into the frame, and add your earrings! Simple and easy!



Comments

  1. this is nicely made! black is always classy :)
    Please have a look at my diy earring holder: http://whatscraftdoc.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/diy-earrings-holder.html
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts